Christopher Prascus, an Air Force veteran, knows how difficult it is to be far away from home. You miss birthday and holidays, and the chance to connect with your loved ones on special occasions. During his deployment, some of his best memories came from the care packages with beef jerkies his family sent him.
When Chris returned home in 2016, he knew that he could make a far superior jerky by combining his family recipes originally for barbeque and using premium quality beef. Chris’ family recipes were handed down from generation to generation using all-natural signature spices combined with a slow smoke for a tasty finish. Soldier Boy Beef Jerky now prides themselves on having flavorful beef jerkies that are easy to chew and gives soldiers something to look forward to when they receive their care packages.
Back in 2016 Chris worked as a bartender. During his free time, he experimented with different family recipes for creating a tasty and easy-to-chew beef jerky. In the evenings he offered his patrons at the bar samples of the beef jerkies, and with their feedback, he perfected his recipe. With the recipe in hand, the next step was to start his business and start selling!
During a ski tip with his wife, Chris met one of her high school friends, Matt Tamasy. Tamasy had been working in business development for years. When Matt heard about Chris’ idea, he knew it was the right opportunity for him.
In addition to selling at festivals and other live events, Matt and Chris also sell beef jerkies online using Shopify and ShipStation. As their business grew, they realized that manually entering data into QuickBooks was taking time away from growing their business.
To automate data entry, Matt initially tried a Zapier integration, but he couldn’t map the fields to QuickBooks the way he wanted to. After online searching, Matt came across Connex, which helped him to sync both Shopify and ShipStation to QuickBooks Online.
“What I like about Connex is that it just works,” Matt said. “Previously when we were doing events or festivals, we would use Shopify POS, then manually update the books after events. Now with Connex, it happens seamlessly as sales are happening in Shopify. Our books and inventory are updated.”
Business for Soldier Boy Beef Jerky is growing very rapidly, and Connex is helping them to sync their transactions and invoices without having to do manual accounting. Prior to using Connex, Soldier Boy Beef Jerky was using ShipStation to keep track of their inventory. Now, they can use QuickBooks as the source for financial, orders and inventory. In addition, now they can get an accurate calculation for cost of goods sold (COGS), making it easier to implement profitable business strategies.
“We have three systems to run our business, and a fourth system is coming soon. Connex is providing the means for all the systems to talk to each other. You are business and time-strapped, you don’t have the time to set up products, inventory, and customers. Not having a system like Connex is not efficient. You need to work smarter and not harder if you’re a small business.”
Would you like to eliminate manual data entry into QuickBooks? Connex may be the solution for you.
Like so many of our customers, we have a desire to save time by eliminating data entry. Our mission is to simplify ecommerce accounting for small business owners and accountants so they can focus on growing their business.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks frees you from manual data entry, and gives you peace of mind that your sales, orders, and inventory are up-to-date in QuickBooks.
After over ten years in business, we’ve identified the top five reasons why customers choose to Sync with Connex.
- Save Time
- Reduce Stress
We have integrations for QuickBooks Online and Desktop
We work with the most popular market places, shopping carts, shipping solutions, and online platforms on the market to make freedom from data entry a reality. To see a full list of supported integrations, please visit https://www.syncwithconnex.com/integrations.
Why Our Customers Choose Sync with Connex
- Developed specifically e-commerce business owners
- You can scale your business by automatically syncing sales & inventory from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- You don’t have to spend your resources manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks will give you peace of mind that your inventory will be updated. You will be free of the frustration of oversells and missed items.
- When your inventory is up-to-date, you can achieve higher customer satisfaction, leading to more positive reviews, and increased sales.
- For phone orders, we can sync sales from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- If you sell on multiple channels, you can simplify by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with all major e-commerce platforms, such as Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon, and e-commerce shipping solutions such as Shipworks, Ordoro, and Shipping Easy.
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your business?
During this introductory call, you will discover how Connex can help you to:
- Eliminate manual data entry into QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop
- Automatically update your inventory and prevent oversells and refunds
- Manage sales from multiple channels in one app
- Connect your shipping solutions to QuickBooks
- Have accurate financial information in your QuickBooks every day
Are you unsure whether Connex is right for your business?
Schedule a Call with Sales