Can Award-winning Skis Be Available to Everyday Skiers?
Founders of Liberty Skis, Jim Satloff and Dan Chalfant thought so.
Liberty Skis was incorporated in 2003 by Jim Satloff and Dan Chalfant. Their humble beginnings were in a storage space in Avon, Colorado. Jim and Dan contracted with a Canadian factory to produce the first Liberty samples after winning $32,000 at the Mandalay Bay craps tables at the SIA Snow Show in Las Vegas.
Liberty Skis company prides itself on selling the highest-quality skis as well accessories such as poles and ski bags.
As their business grew, Jim and Dan realized that they needed more control over manufacturing to implement the non-traditional ideas they had about ski design. In 2005 they set up headquarters in Edwards, CO and attended their first Snowsports Industries America (SIA) show as a manufacturer.
Based on the performance characteristics found in handmade fly rods, they settled on an unusual core material, bamboo, and soon realized its full potential.
According to their website, “We feel confident enough in our new production that we offer an industry-leading 3-year warranty program.”
Liberty Skis received valuable feedback from ski magazine tests and set to work finding the best materials from around the world for each component of the skis.
The search for quality paid off as Liberty won accolades worldwide for their innovative use of bamboo, coupled with progressive ski shapes.
They refined the bamboo laminate core and began to use it in all Liberty models.
By 2011 Liberty solidified its position as the leader in bamboo innovation with skis like the best-selling Helix and Double Helix. It was typical to sell out in 2 months. Factory expansion and a new warehouse in the Netherlands helped with production and delivery challenges.
In the next few years, Jim and Dan added more innovations, such as making their skis narrower, stronger, and lighter with the addition of carbon fiber in the Origin models and titanal in their lines.
As the industry leader facing high demand from customers, Liberty Skis faced operational challenges.
Despite having been in business for over 10 years, Jim and Dan still had to hire someone to hand-enter sales data in QuickBooks.
According to James, “Our major challenge was connecting Shopify with QuickBooks Online.” Due to the nature of their business, Liberty Skis had very specific requirements for their accounting.
“We only sync specific transactions to QuickBooks, with some complicated criteria. The Connex team helped us set it up.”
Jim, who is now Chairman of Liberty Skis, appreciates that Connex is “set it and forget it.”
When asked about his favorite part of Connex, Jim said: “Joseph and his team provided amazing customer service.”
For a company that grows at a rapid pace, time is very valuable. “We save hours every week, which is real money,” Jim added.
Liberty Skis has seen additional growth since it became a Connex customer in 2016.
In 2018 they launched their new V-series, and their new Origin112 line had a debut with rave reviews from mountain towns across the country. Their Helix line had 2 new models, which were the first youth ski available from the Liberty brand
As Liberty Skis continues to win awards and new converts, they refine each line with designs tailored to specific skiers and terrain. The result is their most focused and capable ski offering ever.
Liberty Skis continues to win awards and their business keeps expanding as they develop additional models to make skiing fun for a wide audience.
The favorite part of their business? “Personal stories of our customers making their days on snow better with Liberty Skis.”
If You Are Not a Connex Customer Yet, Could Connex Be a Good Fit For You?
Most of our customers sell on multiple e-commerce channels. For example, Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, and ShipStation, just to name a few.
They want to grow their business, and they also value the peace of mind from knowing their books are always up to date and they can serve their customers.
Why Our Customers Choose Sync with Connex
- Developed specifically e-commerce business owners
- You can scale your business by automatically syncing sales & inventory from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- You don’t have to spend your resources manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks will give you peace of mind that your inventory will be updated. You will be free of the frustration of oversells and missed items.
- When your inventory is up-to-date, you can achieve higher customer satisfaction, leading to more positive reviews, and increased sales.
- For phone orders, we can sync sales from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- If you sell on multiple channels, you can simplify by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with all major e-commerce platforms, such as Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon, and e-commerce shipping solutions such as Shipworks, Ordoro, and Shipping Easy.
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your business?
During this introductory call, you will discover how Connex can help you to:
- Eliminate manual data entry into QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop
- Automatically update your inventory and prevent oversells and refunds
- Manage sales from multiple channels in one app
- Connect your shipping solutions to QuickBooks
- Have accurate financial information in your QuickBooks every day
Are you unsure whether Connex is right for your business?