Contributed by Kelsey Yurek
Shopify recognizes e-commerce automation as one of the top ways to build your brand. When you turn tasks into automated workflows, you save yourself time and money. You’re also able to get more sales on Shopify as you streamline your commerce operation.
In this post, we’ll discuss how e-commerce automation is extending to accounting and how it can help you get sales on Shopify.
Top Challenges of Selling on Shopify
E-commerce companies face a variety of challenges with sales on Shopify. Competition is steep, and digitalization continues to transform how companies and customers connect. Fortunately, by integrating automation, you’ll be able to address the unique obstacles that you and your customers face.
Here are some of the top challenges that companies selling on e-commerce platforms have had to combat.
- Online identity verification
Online customers are able to entirely control the information that they enter into the portal. Often, this has meant that identity verification is difficult. Fortunately, this can be solved with e-commerce automation through verification links sent via text message or email when customers sign up. Another popular mechanism of verification is two-factor authentication.
- Omnichannel customer experience
Omnichannel marketing is a current trend in e-commerce that focuses on providing a seamless customer experience regardless of where the customer has contact with your brand. Whether they find you on social media, on an e-commerce platform, or in a brick and mortar store, making sure customers can and are comfortable reaching out through a variety of touchpoints is essential.
- Shopping cart abandonment
Shopping cart abandonment is a huge issue in the e-commerce world. After all, how many times have you filled up a cart online and never proceeded to check out? Today e-commerce marketing automation is helping to either show custom ads or auto-send emails to customers who forgot to check out. This can increase the number of individuals who actually return to complete the sale.
- Customer loyalty
Customer loyalty can be difficult for anyone in e-commerce to maintain, but without it, a business can’t hope to survive. This can be an obstacle exacerbated by the fact that the buyer and seller feel worlds away. They don’t know each other, can’t see each other, and have no way to build that connection face to face. Over time, customer loyalty can be obtained through multiple smooth and satisfying transactions. Fulfilling your customers’ desires is how you’ll ensure you get sales on Shopify and that they continue to come back to you rather than turning to a competitor who sells a similar product.
- E-commerce accounting
As if accounting wasn’t challenging enough with a brick and mortar store, now you have to conquer all of its digital obstacles as well. For example, managing returns poses a challenge for sellers when many buyers return products “just because.” You can see Shopify’s return template here.
Returns create problems with inventory, which can be challenging to keep up in itself. How do you know how much inventory you have, and what it’s worth? Having to go through and do this manually may require time you don’t have.
Is Connex the Right Tool For You To Expand Your Business to Multichannel Ecommerce?
Most of our customers sell on multiple e-commerce channels. For example, Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, and ShipStation, just to name a few.
They want to grow their business, and they also value the peace of mind from knowing their books are always up to date and they can serve their customers.
Why Our Customers Choose Sync with Connex
- Developed specifically e-commerce business owners
- You can scale your business by automatically syncing sales & inventory from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- You don’t have to spend your resources manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks will give you peace of mind that your inventory will be updated. You will be free of the frustration of oversells and missed items.
- When your inventory is up-to-date, you can achieve higher customer satisfaction, leading to more positive reviews, and increased sales.
- For phone orders, we can sync sales from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- If you sell on multiple channels, you can simplify by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with all major e-commerce platforms, such as Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon, and e-commerce shipping solutions such as Shipworks, Ordoro, ShipStation and ShippingEasy.
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your business?
During this introductory call, you will discover how Connex can help you to:
- Eliminate manual data entry into QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop
- Automatically update your inventory and prevent oversells and refunds
- Manage sales from multiple channels in one app
- Connect your shipping solutions to QuickBooks
- Have accurate financial information in your QuickBooks every day
Are you unsure whether Connex is right for your business?