Why is it essential to have a system for integrating Quickbooks with your ecommerce sales?
Most business owners selling through ecommerce are still manually entering their orders into QuickBooks. This can lead to unnecessary costs, as well as errors in book-keeping and estimating taxes.
PipeKnife, for example, offers one of the largest selections of professional auto glass replacement tools, making them a key piece of the automotive industry.
Invented in 1987, PipeKnife became the first commercialized, urethane cutout or long knife tool. PipeKnife quickly became one of
the most popular knives on the market, holding true to their slogan:
“Because you take pride in your work”
Dell Skluzak purchased PipeKnife in 1993, and the small company of PipeKnife has expanded to include 25 different types of urethane, cutout knives.
PipeKnife is now being sold on nine different selling
Entering Orders Manually into QuickBooks Stagnates Your Business Growth
PipeKnife was spending many hours each week manually entering
orders into QuickBooks, then into their shipping solution. “[We] Manually
checked websites every morning then manually input into QuickBooks. It was becoming more and more taxing to handle all the websites that required updating including the shipping software.”
Tom T., interim CFO, noticed how many resources were being poured in manual entry and began the hunt for freedom. He began looking for a reliable system for QuickBooks ecommerce integration, and finally connect to their shipping platform. “When I first looked at it [Connex] … utilizing with ShipRush, I didn’t believe it would work. Joe changed my mind and was able to provide a solution with shipping.”
After a conversation with Joe, CEO and founder at Connex, PipeKnife moved forward with implementation. As soon as the product was activated, Tom noticed: “It allows us to streamline … [our] processes through automation [and] handle larger volumes of business with same number of people.”
Automatic Syncing Between Quickbooks and 9 Ecommerce Sites
Tom remarked that his favorite part of Connex is, “The ability to integrate all nine [of our] ecommerce sites that feed into QuickBooks, then update back to all the e-commerce sites.” This process is saving PipeKnife countless hours on a weekly basis.
The ability to sync orders has not only been a time saver for PipeKnife, but it has also lead a financial victory. “We are able to ship larger volumes of product without adding additional shipping or clerical personal.
Sales are up 24% yearover-year and in July, sales were up 141% over last year. We were able to integrate a $700,000 acquisition on day one not missing a beat!”.
“On the day we closed on the acquisition, with the abilities of Connex, WWEX, and ShipRush, PKC integrated the acquisition into the PKC system in a couple of hours over the weekendvwith a separate QuickBooks file for the acquisition,” Tom remarked.
Pipeknife was able to use the Connex cloud-based systems by simply redirecting to a different database, and the acquisition company’s three (3) e-commerce sites immediately into the ShipRush freight system.
Having a system to manage the increase in demand allowed Pipeknife’s revenue grow by 45% in 2019 over the same 12 month period in 2018, and December revenue was up 135% over the same period in 2018.
“Connex and ShipRush/WWEX have become instrumental in meeting our shipping needs…These tools add savings in freight costs, improved customer service, and dramatically improved our efficiencies in the shipping and tracking of packages, ” Tom recalled
“Connex and ShipRush are the only systems in the marketplace able to handle the integration of LTL, USPS, FedEx, and UPS into one solution!”
Is Connex the Right Tool For You To Expand Your Business to Multichannel Ecommerce?
Most of our customers sell on multiple e-commerce channels. For example, Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, and ShipStation, just to name a few.
They want to grow their business, and they also value the peace of mind from knowing their books are always up to date and they can serve their customers.
Why Our Customers Choose Sync with Connex
- Developed specifically e-commerce business owners
- You can scale your business by automatically syncing sales & inventory from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- You don’t have to spend your resources manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks will give you peace of mind that your inventory will be updated. You will be free of the frustration of oversells and missed items.
- When your inventory is up-to-date, you can achieve higher customer satisfaction, leading to more positive reviews, and increased sales.
- For phone orders, we can sync sales from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- If you sell on multiple channels, you can simplify by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with all major e-commerce platforms, such as Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon, and e-commerce shipping solutions such as Shipworks, Ordoro, ShipStation and ShippingEasy.
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your business?
During this introductory call, you will discover how Connex can help you to:
- Eliminate manual data entry into QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop
- Automatically update your inventory and prevent oversells and refunds
- Manage sales from multiple channels in one app
- Connect your shipping solutions to QuickBooks
- Have accurate financial information in your QuickBooks every day
Are you unsure whether Connex is right for your business?