Do you wish that the process of manually entering and processing orders in QuickBooks will just take care of itself?
Many accountants contact us because after years of entering thousands of orders manually into QuickBooks, they realize that there must be a better way to run their accounting businesses.
We know that it’s frustrating to spend hundreds of hours on reconciling books and
- Sales are still missing,
- Clients want their books done faster,
- Clients have complex requirements,
- You feel lost in the ecommerce space. Who has time to learn all those integrations?
You might wonder: How can you help your accounting businesses grow without working even more hours?
Reconcile QuickBooks Faster, Cheaper, and More Accurately
Here is what we learned after helping e-commerce businesses and their accountants for over 12 years:
As an accounting professional your job isn’t only to do your clients’ books. You are here to advocate for them, and to advise them on how to run their business so that they have a smooth workflow: the orders gets fulfilled efficiently and the books are reconciled quickly so they know how much cash they have.
Most business owners do not have a background in accounting. As your clients, they are relying on you for guidance on how to set up their workflows.
We have worked with some business owners who viewed accounting as separate from running their businesses. They focused all their energy on the day-to-day running of their business, and then expected the accounting professional (you) to take care of QuickBooks and minimize their taxes.
This type of miscommunication between business owners and accounting professionals can lead to being months (or an entire year) behind in QuickBooks. Complicated workflows and poor systems can lead to further delays in getting QuickBooks reconciled, leading to frustration in all parties.
Simplify Your Process To Grow Your Accounting Business
In our mission to free you from manual data entry into QuickBooks, we want to share with you a common myth in the ecommerce business:
Myth: Your clients need to set up a unique workflow for every selling channel to maximize sales.
This is not necessarily true.
As your clients strive to grow their businesses, they may add new selling channels without considering how easy or difficult it will be to reconcile the new channel with QuickBooks.
How can your clients add more selling channels without leading to unnecessary manual data entry for you?
We have advised our customers with multiple selling channels to use an aggregator site like ShipStation, in order to consolidate all their orders and then sync them to QuickBooks.
In case you are not familiar with ShipStation they one of the leading web-based shipping platform for eCommerce sellers to process, fulfill, and ship orders. Their software helps retailers efficiently ship sales, leading to an excellent customer experience. An integration such as Connex helps you to create a bridge between QuickBooks and ShipStation so your clients can build their businesses efficiently and maintain accurate accounts.
One of our customers, Plus-Plus USA, is an award-winning toy manufacturer. Co-founders Ryan Hamilton and Bret Faber set up Connex to connect ShipStation and QuickBooks Enterprise.
“Bret and I were looking for ways to touch QuickBooks less and less. With Connex we have been able to speed up the process of communication between our sales team and our warehouse, and improve our cashflow. We can also seamlessly send information between ShipStation and QuickBooks,” Ryan said.
Not only has Plus-Plus USA grown by 600% since they started using Connex, but they are also among the top 25 fastest growing companies in South Carolina!
The lesson from Plus-Plus USA is that simplifying processes can help businesses grow.
When you help your clients to simplify how they want the data to flow into QuickBooks (eg. through one site such as ShipStation rather than through multiple selling channels), everyone wins:
- A tool such as Connex can automate data entry between ShipStation and QuickBooks, saving you lots of time,
- Your clients QuickBooks account will be updated and reconciled faster,
- Orders will be fulfilled more quickly
- Your clients will save time and money because they only need to set up one automation, rather than having a different integrator for each selling channel.
At Connex we’re all about simplifying business processes, both within our company and for our clients. Automations have helped our business to grow from a $20 investment in 2011 to a multimillion dollar company in ten years.
Is Connex the Right Automation Tool For Your Accounting Practice?
Many of our customers are accounting professionals who work with multi-channel ecommerce businesses who sell through Amazon, Shopify, and ShipStation.
These accounting professionals want to have peace of mind of knowing that they can easily reconcile their clients books.
Why Our Customers Choose Sync with Connex
- Developed specifically e-commerce business owners and their accounting professionals
- You can automatically sync sales & inventory from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- You don’t have to spend your resources manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks will give you peace of mind that your QuickBooks accounts will be reconciled. You will be free of the frustration of oversells and missed items.
- When inventory is up-to-date, businesses can achieve higher customer satisfaction, leading to more positive reviews, and increased sales.
- For phone orders, we can sync sales from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- If your clients sell on multiple channels, you can simplify by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with major e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify, Amazon, and ShipStation.
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your accounting practice?
During this introductory call, you will discover how Connex can help you to:
- Eliminate manual data entry into QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop
- Automatically update your inventory and prevent oversells and refunds
- Manage sales from multiple channels in one app
- Connect your shipping solutions to QuickBooks
- Have accurate financial information in your QuickBooks every day
Are you unsure whether Connex is right for you?