The Pain of Manual Data Entry in QuickBooks and Shopify
As your Shopify store and your revenue grow, so does the complexity of your business: more people to manage, more orders to ship, and more happy (and unhappy) customers.
When you use the same system to ship orders to 100 customers as you did to ship to 10 customers, it’s inevitable that mistakes will be made: late shipments, shipments to the wrong customers, or overselling.
Each negative customer experience carries with it the risk of a bad review, and decreased seller rating.
You diligently try to keep up with the orders, but each time-management strategy can only take you so far: unless you integrate Shopify with QuickBooks, you will be manually entering data into two systems. Ouch! (for both your eyes and your business).
Manual data entry is expensive: it costs you time, money, opportunities, and possibly your whole business.
The risks of not integrating QuickBooks and Shopify are:
- Human error in manual data entry, leading to poor customer experience, bad reviews and low seller rating
- Lost opportunities, as you spend your (and your staff’s) time double-checking that QuickBooks and Shopify instead of launching a new product, discussing partnerships, or improving your marketing.
- Business plateau as you are unable to scale due to lack of automated systems
- Low employee morale due to the repetitive nature of manual data entry
- Poor company image due to low seller rating, and lack of growth
You may already know that it is time to integrate QuickBooks and Shopify to keep your inventory up-to-date (link), save yourself (and your staff) time, and make room for new initiatives to scale your business.
How Connex Integrates QuickBooks to Shopify
Connex, compatible with both QuickBooks Online and Desktop, is a data-syncing tool that automatically syncs your sales, customers, inventory, tax between your online store and your QuickBooks account.
This is a powerful tool, for those that accept phone orders or perform order management within QuickBooks and wish to send the transaction to Shopify to be processed.
How do I sync sales from QuickBooks to Shopify?
Out of box, Connex searches for sales where the class is Shopify. You must enable class tracking and add the Shopify class to the sale.
But, how to you connect Shopify to Quickbooks?
- Use of this feature requires the Connex Growth plan or higher.
- Syncing a sale from QuickBooks to Shopify and updating the sale will count as two orders towards your yearly limit.
- –Click here for syncing orders from QuickBooks Online to Shopify
- –Click here for syncing orders from QuickBooks Desktop to Shopify
Inventory, Orders, and Customers Between QuickBooks and Shopify
We recommend adding new products to QuickBooks, then adding stock levels. This workflow ensures you can properly track inventory and COGS. Connex can map products from QuickBooks to Shopify, if the product is missing during the inventory sync.
Connex can also locate orders matching a deposit and add the total fees as a line item on the deposit. If you already have an account with us, login to Connex and click manage. Expand refunds. Check create check. Connex will add the checks as a refund and associate them with the deposit.
To match customers, in QuickBooks, open the customer record for the sale. Ensure the email field in QuickBooks and the customer record in Shopify have matching emails.
Is Connex the Right Tool For You To Expand Your Business to Multichannel Ecommerce?
Most of our customers sell on multiple e-commerce channels. For example, Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, and ShipStation, just to name a few.
They want to grow their business, and they also value the peace of mind from knowing their books are always up to date and they can serve their customers.
Why Our Customers Choose Sync with Connex
- Developed specifically e-commerce business owners
- You can scale your business by automatically syncing sales & inventory from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- You don’t have to spend your resources manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks will give you peace of mind that your inventory will be updated. You will be free of the frustration of oversells and missed items.
- When your inventory is up-to-date, you can achieve higher customer satisfaction, leading to more positive reviews, and increased sales.
- For phone orders, we can sync sales from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- If you sell on multiple channels, you can simplify by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with all major e-commerce platforms, such as Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon, and e-commerce shipping solutions such as Shipworks, Ordoro, ShipStation and ShippingEasy.
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your business?
- Connex is easy to set up on your own.
- If you would like us to set it up for you, your purchase includes a complimentary onboarding by our team.
- Get started with a month-month plan, and upgrade to annual to save 20%.
- Your purchase includes access to a US-based technical support team via tickets and screen-sharing.
- In case Connex does not work for you, we offer a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee.