As an e-commerce business owner, it’s essential to make sure your sales and orders are being synced correctly and efficiently. With an automation tool, you’re able to streamline this process and avoid manual data entry which leads to human errors.
One of the shipping solutions that we integrate with, ShipStation, is a great example of how to sync your order to and from QuickBooks Desktop by using our automation tool.
Many of our loyal customers integrate ShipStation with other vendors, such as Etsy, Target & Amazon! By using QuickBooks Desktop with Connex as your syncing tool, you’re able to access many more advanced functionalities that differ from QuickBooks Online features.
Connex is able to create two-way sync with QuickBooks Desktop and your ShipStation account. We’re able to pull in the shipping information, send orders, and ship those orders to and from your ShipStation account to QuickBooks Desktop.
Why is it important to have an automation solution to help you manage your business’s workflow?
- Automatically sync your orders and sales between ShipStation (and other integrations) and QuickBooks
- Be able to track your items by product name, SKU, location, and other identifiers
- Integrate multiple channels using one automation solution. You’re able to use Connex with other platforms, such as payment processors and other shipping solutions
Connex works with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop and integrates with all major sales channels such as ShipStation, Shopify, Amazon, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce.
In this article, we’ll explore the ShipStation sync with QuickBooks Desktop, prerequisites, features and functionalities included, and present to you a demonstration of it all in action.
How Connex Syncs Your ShipStation Orders to QuickBooks Desktop
Connex is able to sync orders from ShipStation to QuickBooks Desktop and vice versa. Set up requires no plugins or apps to install. Simply mark orders in QuickBooks with a class of ShipStation. Our software transfers the customer, products, and order over to ShipStation.
Need a visual demonstration?
Below you will find a handy demo where we go over the integration process with ShipStation and QuickBooks Desktop:
Frequently Asked Questions About ShipStation
When does Connex sync orders?
Connex will sync orders as soon as they are created in ShipStation. If you want Connex to insert the tracking number and date onto order, you need to export shipped order.
If the sales tax is remitted, how does Connex map the tax?
Our Connex tool will add tax by default since ShipStation has no indicator that tax was remitted. You can use the Connex rules engine to remove the tax. For more information on how this process works, read this guide.
Can Connex support split shipments?
Yes, our Connex automation tool will merge ShipStation split shipments into the same order.
How do fields map with ShipStation and QuickBooks?
Connex will match the field to/from the QuickBooks field. If there is no match, then you must set-up a mapping. To see a diagram of the specifications needed, read this guide.
How do I map currency codes?
ShipStation sends no currency information to QuickBooks. By default, Connex will use the default currency code associated with QuickBooks.
If you want to override the currency, you must specify which stores use a currency. We recommend adding the country code at the end of store names. You have two options for doing this process; Obtain Stores or Map Stores to Currencies.
How do I map the shipping cost to QuickBooks?
For sales from ShipStation to QuickBooks, Connex will map the shipping amount field to QuickBooks.
There are two ways to map the shipping cost. The first uses the rules engine. With this route, all ShipStation orders from all channels will use the shipping cost. If this isn’t an issue, upload this spreadsheet in Connex.
The second way is syncing sales prior to shipment, then updating them with the shipping cost. When you login to Connex, you’re able to select “update QuickBooks transaction with a shipping cost from carrier and tracking info”
Connex will automatically update the ShipStation sale after it syncs to QuickBooks. Our tool receives the sale before and after it ships.
Why Our Customers Choose Sync with Connex
Most of our customers sell on multiple e-commerce channels. For example, Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, and ShipStation, just to name a few.
They want to grow their business, and they also value the peace of mind from knowing their books are always up to date and they can serve their customers.
What makes Connex unique:
- Developed specifically e-commerce business owners
- You can scale your business by automatically syncing sales & inventory from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- You don’t have to spend your resources manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks will give you peace of mind that your inventory will be updated. You will be free of the frustration of oversells and missed items.
- When your inventory is up-to-date, you can achieve higher customer satisfaction, leading to more positive reviews, and increased sales.
- For phone orders, we can sync sales from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- If you sell on multiple channels, you can simplify by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with all major e-commerce platforms, such as Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon, and e-commerce shipping solutions such as Shipworks, Ordoro, and Shipping Easy.
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your business?
- Connex is easy to set up on your own.
- If you would like us to set it up for you, your purchase includes a complimentary onboarding by our team.
- Get started with a month-month plan, and upgrade to annual to save 20%.
- Your purchase includes access to a US-based technical support team via tickets and screen-sharing.
- In case Connex does not work for you, we offer a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee.