It may be Friday the 13th, but that doesn’t mean we can’t put some good vibes out on the internet in this installment of the Connex Release Notes – especially with St. Patrick’s Day coming. The March release notes is a big update with lots to cover, as we’ve made a lot of improvements over the past few weeks. Therefore, let’s check out what’s new, what’s been updated, and what we’ve been hard to work developing to make Connex even better.
- Amazon Settlement Report: Added support for “Gift Wrap” charge-back mapping.
- BigCommerce: Product bin numbers and locations will now be mapped from BigCommerce (if they exist) to QuickBooks, automatically (see: Does Connex support lot and bin numbers?).
- LightSpeed POS: Added Deposit Matching functionality.
- ShipStation: All sales tax is now removed from all transactions. This was enabled, for our Amazon and eBay customers (and other solutions) which collect and remit sales tax on your behalf.
- Shopify: Stock levels can now map to the warehouse location; if you map stock levels by inventory site, Connex checks if Shopify has a matching warehouse.
- Warehouse (inventory sites) product quantity-on-hand will no longer be combined if the inventory site wasn’t found during the sync (see: Inventory Site Mapping).
- Operational improvements made to how Connex syncs and matches Bundled Items (see: Bundled Item Support).
- Updated the built-in Match Deposit Tool to search for Sales Receipts by order number.
- Updated the Order Previewer Tool so that it’ll load faster (phew – who’s got time for that?).
- Fixed an issue in which Connex will send blank Transaction Log and Error Log emails.
- Fixed an issue in which Connex failed to properly account for daylight savings time.
- Fixed an issue in which the Order Previewer would time out and freeze while loading.
- Fixed an issue related to the Amazon Settlement Report in which Connex would attempt to sync at invalid times.
- Fixed an issue related to BigCommerce in which Gift Card payments were set as taxable.
- Fixed an issue related to EventBright in which searching by ID would return zero results.
- Fixed an issue related to Ontraport in which orders would be duplicated, especially if Next Number from QuickBooks is enabled.
- Fixed an issue related to Ordoro in which the order total, including shipping costs, was doubled.
- Fixed an issue related to Reverb in which sales tax was not properly remitted.
- Fixed an issue in which if a product item name has a colon and returns the full name as a barcode, product matching would fail.
- Fixed an issue related to Walmart reflecting false positive inventory quantity-on-hand updates.
If you find this useful, please let us know. In addition, if you’re interested in helping us beta test improvements, new features, and more we’d like to connect with you.