The rules engine has been one of the hardest areas for our customers to configure. The UI is a holdover from 2013. I made the rules engine look like our install wizard. Here are the new features:
- Our team added rule templates. If you want to map payment methods, you have a starter rule that you can edit. We have templates for custom fields, deposit, and payment method mapping. Are there more rules that should be templates? Please let us know.
- If you want to have multiple conditions, you can add them in one page.
- Our team added tooltips to help explain the meaning of fields.
- We added FAQs on the right of the rules engine.
- In the map to field, there is an autocomplete. If you map terms from QuickBooks, then you will see a list of terms.
- You can preview a rule to see if it worked.
Here are some screenshots: