Recognizing that the Rules Engine, while powerful, is one of the hardest to understand features of Connex, we want to make some dramatic changes to the Rules Engine. The way the Rules Engine works today is a relic of a previous version of Connex dating back to 2013.
To address this, we updated the UI for the Rules Engine to provide more hand holding and guide the user through each step of creating a rule, similar to setting up a few integration. Below, here’s some of what’s coming:
- Our team added rule templates. If you want to map payment methods, you have a starter rule that you can edit. We have templates for custom fields, deposit, and payment method mapping. Are there more rules that should be templates? Please let us know.
- If you want to have multiple conditions, you can add them in one page.
- Our team added tooltips to help explain the meaning of fields.
- We added FAQs on the right of the rules engine.
- In the map to field, there is an autocomplete. If you map terms from QuickBooks, then you will see a list of terms.
- You can preview a rule to see if it worked.
Here are some screenshots: