Automating ecommerce data entry from your selling channels into QuickBooks could be one of the keys to simplifying your life as a business owner.
Running your ecommerce business has a lot of moving pieces. Specifically, you need to serve your customers’ needs and make sure that all the parts of your business are working together, and keep your QuickBooks up to date. You, your employees, and your contractors all need to be working in sync so that you can serve your customers, cover all your expenses, and hopefully even make a profit.
Consequenrly, you recognize that you need a better system for automating ecommerce data entry into QuickBooks, and you have tried to implement various automation tools already.
How do you automate so that all the different processes in your business work together?
- How can you get your orders to sync with QuickBooks without having to enter orders manually, or press a button to sync them over?
- Is there a tool to help you automate processing of partial or full refunds?
- How can you reconcile free shipping for your customers in QuickBooks without manually manipulating your data?
- How do you integrate ShipStation with QuickBooks so your orders ship on time?
- If you sell on Amazon and Shopify, how do you make sure that you don’t oversell on one platform?
You need better tool for automating ecommerce data entry that’s a complete solution for your business, and simple to use and maintain.
5 Challenges Of Automating Ecommerce Data Entry into QuickBooks
Challenge #1: Do You Have to Stay On Top Of All The Software Updates?
Many integration tools require you to download a plugin. The major disadvantage of this is that you will need to take care of all the updates associated with the plugin. In addition, some integration tools do not stay on top of updates in QuickBooks.
If you want to avoid the hassle of updating your plugins and QuickBooks, it’s best to select integration tools that are cloud-based, and do not require a plugin.
Challenge #2: Is the Automation a Complete Solution?
The more automations you implement, the bigger the risk of incompatibilities. In addition, you will need to pay more vendors and deal with tech support from multiple companies. Who needs that hassle?
When browsing integration tools, assess how complete the functionality is of each tool:
- Does the tool integrate with your selling channels, shipping platforms, and payment processors?
- Is there a feature to map partial and full refunds?
- Can you map a summary sale or an Amazon settlement report?
- Is it possible to map gift cards and coupon codes?
- Can you reconcile sales tax?
- Does the tool help you automate bank reconciliation?
By having one tool for multiple automations, you can ensure smoother operations and lower costs for your company.
Challenge #3: Does the Automation Integrate With All the Platforms You Need?
When you are in the daily grind of your business, you might not recognize how many systems you are using to keep your business running:
- One of more selling channels
- Shipping platforms
- Payment processors
You might even consider switching from QuickBooks Desktop to Online or vice versa, or adding a new selling channel to your business.
Do your automation tools support all of your current ecommerce platforms? Will they support the ecommerce platforms you are considering for your business in the next 3-5 years and the additional order volume you expect?
Prior to choosing a tool for automating ecommerce data entry into QuickBooks, ensure that they support your business now and in the foreseeable future.
Challenge #4: Does the Automation Give You the Flexibility That You Need?
As your sales increase, there will be additional layers of complexity in your daily operations. For example:
- If you sell the same product in two selling channels with two different SKU’s, how will you map it to the same product in QuickBooks?
- Does your integration tools sync automatically with QuickBooks, or do you need to press a button each time you want to send orders over?
- Does the automation give you the flexibility to match customers by name, email, or company?
- Do you have the flexibility to match payments to different accounts?
- Can you automate matching your sales with bank deposits?
- Will your automation update the quantity on-hand so you don’t oversell?
The more flexibility your automation tool gives you, the more options you have in terms of expanding your business to new channels, serving more customers, and selling more products.
Challenge #5: Is the Automation Easy to Use?
While it’s exciting to have a new tool to automate data entry into QuickBooks, it’s no fun to spend trying to figure out how it works. As a business owner, you want to get up to speed with your new tools as quickly as possible. Be sure to schedule a demo for each tool you are considering and find out:
- How do you pair your ecommerce platforms with QuickBooks?
- What information can you find in the Dashboard and is it easy to navigate?
- How do you know if your sales synced correctly?
- How much time will it take to configure the automation tool for your business?
- Is there a knowledge base to show you all the functionalities of the tool?
If your goal is to increase sales, you will be using your automated integration tool frequently (even daily). Be sure that it’s convenient to access, easy to use, has the functionalities that you need, and will grow with your business for the next 3-5 years.
Is Connex the Right Automation Tool For Your Business?
Developed specifically for e-commerce business owners who use QuickBooks
- Scale your business by automating syncing sales & orders from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- Save resources by not wasting time manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
- Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex is a trusted name in the automation field. Achieve peace of mind knowing that your sales, orders, and inventory are up-to-date in QuickBooks.
- If you sell on multiple channels, you can simplify your workflow by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with all major ecommerce platforms such as Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon and ecommerce shipping solutions such as Shipworks, Ordoro and Shipping Easy.
- Click here for a full list of our ecommerce, shipping, and payment integrations
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your business?
-Full functionality for 14 days
-Sync up to 500 sales to QuickBooks Desktop or Online
-Complimentary support during your free trial
Are you unsure whether Connex is right for your business?