When you have an online ecommerce store, there are a lot of moving pieces. You need to serve your customers’ needs while making sure that all the parts of your business are working together.
The products need to be of the highest quality, shipped on time, and delivered to the right customers. You, your employees, and your contractors all need to be working in sync so that everything goes smoothly, and you are making a profit.
Most of the time you probably feel like you’re just running around in circles; trying to get through the day, putting out fires, and meeting payroll.
Who has the time and energy to do everything that needs to get done to run a profitable ecommerce store?
There are many articles out there that teach you about ecommerce platforms and shipping solutions, but it isn’t easy to find a solution to help you with proper accounting for your ecommerce store.
Yet, without your books being up-to-date, how do you know if you’re making a profit? (Many online merchants actually don’t know how much money their business makes, let alone whether they are making a profit).
There is a famous quote from Zig Ziglar that all business owners can relate to: “Money is not everything, but it ranks right up there with oxygen.”
When your accounting is in order, and you know exactly how much money your business is making, you will be able to make better business decisions:
- -Can you hire another employee, or do you need to let someone go?
- -How much money can you set aside for marketing this month?
- -What is the sales quota that you need to meet this month in order to make a profit? (or at the very least break even?)
You might wonder: Isn’t it my CPA’s job to keep my books in order? My CPA should be able to tell me how much money I am making, and whether I can meet payroll.
Accounting professionals are expensive. Do you want to pay him or her to upload spreadsheets of information between your website and QuickBooks? Do you want your Accountant spending hours on end updating SKUs to match QuickBooks?
Your CPA cannot help you if your business is disorganized.
For example, there is nothing that your CPA can do if the inventory between your Amazon and Shopify stores are out of sync. There is also nothing that your CPA can do if your sales in QuickBooks are not up-to-date because your product name on eBay does not match the product name in QuickBooks.
It is up to you to keep the different parts of your business in order so your CPA can do his or her job and you know how much cash you have to run your business.
When you automate integration between your ecommerce store and QuickBooks, not only will you save several hours a day, but your business will finally grow and be profitable.
How Manual Data Is Costly For Your Business and Your Customers
With the increase in competition among ecommerce merchants, you cannot rely on manual data entry if you want your business to grow.
Manual data entry prevents your business from scaling.
If you keep relying on manual data entry, your ecommerce store might survive (assuming you give up your weekends), but it’s going to be very hard to increase your sales, partner with other companies, and gain the visibility that you imagined when you started your business.
Manual data entry leads to several problems:
- –It is expensive: whether you are the one entering the sales manually in QuickBooks or you hire someone to do it, manual data entry is costing your business time and money
- –Human errors: there is an infinite number of ways that manual data entry can lead to accounting errors, which will cost you even more time and money down the line.
- –Upset customers: Imagine getting a one-star review for your product on Amazon because the customer got the wrong item. It happens all the time!
- –Lost opportunities: The time and money that you spend on having the data entered manually could be spent on searching for new partnerships, talking to customers on the phone, or developing your new product.
Most business owners estimate that manual data entry takes about 10 hours a week. That’s over 500 hours a year, or 12 work weeks! If you’re paying someone $30/hour, that’s $15,000 a year, not including payroll taxes, and the headache of managing manual data entry!
When you free yourself from manual data entry, it opens up more business opportunities, more time to spend with your family, and most importantly, the energy to do the things you are passionate about.
What if you could spend an additional 500 hours or $15,000 a year on partnership opportunities, or designing a new product?
Is Connex the Right Tool For You To Expand Your Business to Multichannel Ecommerce?
Most of our customers sell on multiple e-commerce channels. For example, Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, and ShipStation, just to name a few.
They want to grow their business, and they also value the peace of mind from knowing their books are always up to date and they can serve their customers.
Why Our Customers Choose Sync with Connex
- Developed specifically e-commerce business owners
- You can scale your business by automatically syncing sales & inventory from multiple e-commerce platforms to QuickBooks Desktop or Online.
- You don’t have to spend your resources manually entering sales, inventory, and customers into your website and QuickBooks accounts.
Recommended by Intuit itself, Connex for QuickBooks will give you peace of mind that your inventory will be updated. You will be free of the frustration of oversells and missed items.
- When your inventory is up-to-date, you can achieve higher customer satisfaction, leading to more positive reviews, and increased sales.
- For phone orders, we can sync sales from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- If you sell on multiple channels, you can simplify by using our solution instead of multiple tools.
- Connex integrates QuickBooks with all major e-commerce platforms, such as Woocommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon, and e-commerce shipping solutions such as Shipworks, Ordoro, ShipStation and ShippingEasy.
How can you decide whether Connex is right for your business?
During this introductory call, you will discover how Connex can help you to:
- Eliminate manual data entry into QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop
- Automatically update your inventory and prevent oversells and refunds
- Manage sales from multiple channels in one app
- Connect your shipping solutions to QuickBooks
- Have accurate financial information in your QuickBooks every day
Are you unsure whether Connex is right for your business?